Pages

Monday 27 March 2017

Lyndon's big wedgie


The harness got tighter by the second. It felt like the straps were trying to stop the blood flowing in my legs. The next thing I heard was the harness belt clipping on. My heart raced a little bit faster. I knew my adventure was about to begin.


I felt myself heading towards the sky, the wind passing over my skin while my feet waved goodbye to the earth below. I heard kids screaming and cheering while I hoped the giant wedgie the harness was giving me wouldn’t get any worse. It was too late, I was already at the top. I opened my eyes, everything looked ant size!

I began my journey back down. The wedgie loosening as my legs spread apart to give the ground a big old hug. As I unclipped the harness I could feel the blood once again rushing through my legs.

This is my camp recount story it is about well I cant tell you but read the story of what I was talking about (A) high ropes, (B) flying kiwi or (C) archery? See if you got it right by reading all the way to the bottom. I'm sure I felt and heard every thing that it says in the story.



1 comment:

  1. I really enjoyed working with you to plan your recount Lyndon. You had some great ideas! Remember to use a plan next time you are writing as it helps you organise your thinking and experiment with new learning :)

    ReplyDelete