Pages

Wednesday 24 August 2016

the magic box

Use powerful imagery to write your own ‘Magic Box’ poem that paints a picture in the mind of the readerImage result for the magic box

I will put into the box
A soft, delicate leaf from the tallest tree, which lives by
itself on a island at the end of the world.
An unmeltable shard of ice taken from the core of the Earth.


I will put into the box
All of the four elements, air, fire, water and earth
Dusty dinosaur bones from 66 million years ago
The clicking sound of a computer mouse


I will put into the box
The eye catching drop of a rain from a dark grey cloud
Silver shiny shoes, polished till they sparkled
The tiny click of lego joining together
The fiery flame burning in the fireplace.


I will put into the box                                                   
The specter of a long gone King
The sour and tangy taste of a orange
A shredded piece of fabric from a traveler's cloak


My box is fashioned from dozens of panes of glass and thousands of crystal clear diamonds and with freshly melted pure gold, with brass taken from mines on the lid and gems in the corners.


Its hinges are made out of saber-tooth tiger bones


I shall wander in my box
For it is like a black hole,
With plenty of space for many things to put in it,
Endless and never ending,

Going on and on and on...

Today at school we had to write a poem about a box. You could put everything in the box. We were allowed to work in pairs. I think I did really good. We made it from our ideas of each sentience. I really like the end part where you could put anything in it and it has room for everything.

1 comment:

  1. What a fabulous poem Lyndon! You have painted a very clear picture with your words. I really like the line 'With plenty of space for many things to put in it, endless and never ending.' It makes us think what might be the next thing you would put in your box.

    ReplyDelete